Wednesday, June 12, 2013

klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream SPF 40 PA++

I love trying different BB creams and foundations, and something I recently added to my stash is the klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream SPF 40, PA++. I've read many positive reviews of older klairs items by Korean bloggers in the past, but I've never tried the brand because it's difficult to get outside of Korea...It wasn't even available on Gmarket Korea (´Д`)

Packaging.
First impression: I love the minimalist packaging, it looks very chic. The long tube shape also feels nice to hold it in my hands ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

This product can be used by both women and men,
check out the video of Tay applying the BB cream and other makeup on her boss, Eddie!

The opening of the tube is long and narrow,
which allows for good control of the amount of product you want to get.

This BB cream's main functions are:
✿ SPF40 PA++
✿ Whitening
✿ Wrinkle care
✿ Sebum control
All functions are certified by the KFDA (Korean Food and Drug Administration). 

Details/information on the packaging.
The BB cream is made in Korea, and expires 12 months after opening.

Great news for non-Korean speakers/readers, they have English instructions and ingredients list on their packaging, and it's proper English not Engrish^^ They even leave an email address for you to report adverse reactions, very thoughtful. 

For people with sensitive skin who might be worried about the suitability of the product, here's some information about klairs products in general (not just the BB cream):
☆ Low-irritation cosmetics specialized for sensitive/troubled skin.
☆ Collaboration with professional dermatologic cosmetics
☆ No alcohol
☆ No animal testing
☆ No paraben
☆ No artificial coloring
☆ Eco-friendly
☆ Minimal fragrance

The tube.
The first time I've seen BB cream come in a tube like this, it really reminds me of a toothpaste tube! But I love the long design, personally it's more convenient and aesthetically pleasing to me^^ Plus there's the line "You look so wonderful just the way you are", which is always nice to see when I pick up the tube to use it.

klairs' recommended instructions on how to apply, I'm sorry if my translation are a bit off!
For me I do step 1, apply dots on my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, then use the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush to blend everything on.


Oiliness test:
It's not as oily as the ElishaCoy CC Cream, so this would be suitable for daily use in tropical weather countries like Singapore. It's not very dry , and would be great for ladies working in an air-conditioned environment. If you don't work indoors, I would set this with loose powder because it does tend to melt after a few hours of wear outdoors...

Consistency test:  It's quite thick and creamy, but is non-sticky and blends into skin easily.

Personally, I prefer creamier BB creams because they blend easier on my skin and end up less streaky. Streakiness is a problem I encounter with products having thinner consistencies...anyone else face the same problem? Although the klairs BB cream has a thick consistency, it doesn't cake and it blends well into my skin.

Coverage comparison.
The BB cream has buildable light-medium coverage and leaves a dewy glow.

It can cover some freckles and redness, but not totally, so you might need extra concealer if you have a lot of redness. The product has a smooth, dewy finish, and if you work in an air-conditioned environment you can probably forgo loose powder when using this.

Right now WISHtrend.com has the klairs BB cream on offer at a 20% discount, going for USD18.50.
I don't know how long the offer will last, but the regular price is USD22.99.


Some of klairs' other bestsellers are the Rich Moist Soothing Cream and Rich Moist Soothing Serum.
I've read lots of Korean reviews on these^^

But the item that totally caught my eye was the CHERRY BLOSSOM AND ROSE FACIAL MIST
http://www.wishtrend.com/toner-mist/262--klairs-essential-facial-mist-cherry-blossom-rose.html

Almost all my Korean friends carry around some sort of facial mist to refresh their faces throughout the day.  Feels really good to spray ♡ I used to use Avene's Thermal Water, but now I'm currently using Innisfree Green Tea Mineral Mist (smells great!) and Hanskin Hyaluron Facial Mist.

Anyway, you can use the code "RFXLSCOZ" at checkout for a USD3 voucher. 
Minimum USD20 order
- Expires end of 2013
- Can combine with other vouchers

If you live in Singapore, WISHTrend also has a Qoo10/Gmarket shop to cater to Singaporeans. They've narrowed the selection to their more popular items, so not everything on the WISHTrend website will be there. But they often have promotions and special deals, so the prices come up less than the main site prices.

3 comments:

  1. The packaging reminds me of something, but can't rmb what...
    The mist looks pretty! So far all the face spray mists I've seen/heard of are mineral-ish or spring water, not really fragranced? =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Kiehl's? Many people have thought so :)
      I guess spring/thermal water ones aren't fragranced, Innisfree's Green Tea one has a mild fragrance, but it's not overwhelming ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I agree, it is quite thick (I think thicker than the first version of this BB) so I was worried at first, luckily it blends so well on my skin, too. I also use my Sigma F80 since it does a good job to even things out. But, have you tried using a wet sponge? One of my friends said that it's not as dewy as she would like it to be so today I tried it with a wet sponge and also mix a little of Skin & Lab Gel Oil and the result was amazing! Natural look and fresh-faced :) will do my review tomorrow and will link up with you. :) x

    ReplyDelete